Assam Science and Technology University is established on 4th January, 2010 by the Act, 2009 and notified by the Govt. of Assam vide letter No. ATE.222/2008/48, dated 26th Feb, 2010 that the Assam Science and Technology University Act 2009 shall come into force with immediate effect.
The aim of ASTU is to bring all existing Engineering Colleges/Institutions in a common platform to follow same course curriculum. The course curriculum has been designed at par with some of the prestigious universities of National and international repute. This will help our students to compete with other students anywhere.
The University is located at Jalukbari, Guwahati-13.
Tetelia Road, Near Assam Engineering College, Jalukbari, Guwahati, Assam 781013
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) from Assam Engineering College( Gauhati University).
M.E. (Water Resources Development) from University of Roorkee (Now IIT Roorkee).
Ph.D. (Civil Engineering) from Gauhati University under Faculty of Engineering.
Publications at National and International level.
Worked as Academic Registrar in Assam Science and Technology University from 16.08.2013 to 07.08.2017 during which the course curriculum of the University, the regulations for all academic activities were developed.
Worked as Lecturer, Lecturer (Senior Scale), Lecturer (Selection Grade) in Civil Engineering at PCPS Girls Polytechnic, Guwahati under Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Assam for last 22 years along with other academic duties and responsibilities. Involved in Preparation of Course Curriculum for the Departmental courses, Conducted Training Programme under Community Polytechnic Scheme of Govt. of India, Developed Laboratories under MODROBS scheme of AICTE, act as superintendent of student hostel, involved in consultancy works of the filed for the various departments like Water Resources, Indian Railways, PWD Assam etc.
OBJECTIVES OF THE UNIVERSITY:
- Regulation of Courses and the Examination system for both Undergraduate and Postgraduates Programme including the degree leading to Ph.D. for Science and Technology discipline for all the Engineering Colleges in the state of Assam.
- Introduction of Post Graduate Courses in identified thrust areas.
- Establishment of Research and Development Activities.
- Development of a Data Bank for Natural Resources. Assam Science and Technology University has been established to bring all the Engineering Colleges/Institutions of Assam under a single platform and to provide uniform standards of technical education.
- Give synchronized strategic and operational leadership to technical education of Assam through a unified structure.
- Create state of the art infrastructure and train excellent academic personnel to be with the international peers.
- Establish a platform to participate together by Government and Private organization under unified umbrella.
- Create facilities for all to participate; Interaction with industries.
- Interfacing between ASTU and Government Institutes.
- Immediate formation of review committees for Syllabi from all experts from Assam, AEC, JEC, IITG & others (confidence building); Introduce in 2017-18 session.
- Review new courses.
- Participation in various univ. boards by Senior Faculties of Government Institution.
- Establish QA programme to define roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders.
- Ph.D guide for qualified faculties of these organizations.
- Bring in freshness by augmenting infrastructure to be at par with recognized establishments; share them to optimize utilization.
- Seminars, Workshops, Brain storming meetings among stakeholders.